Mayor's Young Leaders Advisory Council
Requirements I Registration I Members I Meeting Schedule I Meeting Agendas & Minutes
The Mayor's Young Leaders Advisory Council (YLAC) was established in 2014 and is composed of 50 high school juniors and seniors. YLAC gives youth with leadership potential the opportunity to learn more about city government and effective citizenship so they can make a positive difference as young leaders. The Council also shares ideas with city officials and advises on issues facing Jacksonville youth.
- Attend a Duval County school
- Sophomore, Junior, or Senior
- Have a 2.0 GPA or better
- Write essay on requested topic
The deadline to apply for the MYLAC Class of 2021-2022 is Friday, October 29, 2021. Please apply here.
HOW TO APPLY:
- GO TO GOODWILLJAX.ORG
- CLICK EDUCATION (at the top of home page)
- SCROLL DOWN UNTIL YOU SEE MYLAC
- CLICK REGISTER NOW!
- You will be asked to provide a 250 word essay on “Why do you want to be a member of MYLAC”?